Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Engagement Story!

Ok everyone, So Ryan and I are officially now engaged! He purposed to me this past Saturday, We went to dinner and he did everything so cute!

The night started off just like a normal family outing, he had suggested that we go to dinner a couple days before that and I was so excited that he had suggested it. Money has been a bit tight so we don't get to go do those kinds of things much anymore. I had a couple things kind of tip me off that it could be coming soon. First off around Valentines day he told me he ordered my present online, Everything started rolling through my head of what it could be. Second, Like I had said money has been tight and we had a discussion on where we were financially and he told me how much he had and I was all ok great we are doing good. Well a few days later he tells me we don't have any money til next paycheck. I was a little worried on where all the money he had told me we had went, so I started bugging him about it. He kept telling me it went to bills, I'm sure you can see where this is heading.Anyways, I stopped bugging him about it because he got a little grumpy that I wouldn't leave it alone.




So back to Saturday, We decide to eat at Charlie Chow's Dragon Diner. Somewhere I had never been, affordable, and delicious! Everything is going normal just hanging out talking and playing with cute little Phoebe. Well we are doing the potty training thing with her as of recent and she told me she needed to go potty. When me and her got back to the table I sit back down being the clueless person I am, didn't notice the box sitting on the table right in front of me. Ryan starts giving me a funny look and so I follow his eyes. Where I looked down and there it was in all its glory! I was so surprised that I finally wore him down lol Just kidding honey!

Ok so now for the funny part of my story, We were at an Asian restaurant and of course at the end of your meal you get a fortune cookie. Well when I opened mine up here is what my fortune read....


So with ending on that note, we have definitely made our wedding into a venture. We will be getting married down in Las Vegas in the middle of May. We will also be holding an open house here in Salt Lake sometime in June. We aren't sure on the details yet but we will keep everyone informed!







4 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm so excited for you! I guess May is the month for love?!?!?

Jennifer said...

Congratulations too you little family! You guys are amazing. I am so happy for you! :) Beautiful ring, by the way.

Jennifer said...

Sorry about my spelling. I meant to say Congratulations "to your" little family. :)

Lisa McLachlan said...

Yes, Congrats! I'm looking forward to the open house!